Wednesday, January 4, 2012

LTX Display Dimmer

My buddy who goes by "Sundawg" is one of my go-to guys for complicated electronics work.  He's done wiring and work on my LTX DMR, Pulse Rifle, and other laser tag recasing projects for a reason!  Tonight, as I did grunt work getting a 2.5 kg Spring from OMW installed in his Stampede, he was working hard on a Dimmer for the display lights on his LTX.  This LTX is already running a Sniper-class lens (capable of ranges over 1000 feet) and a recased shotblast, so now he'll be able to control the brightness of the LED output on his display gauges.  The switch replaces a spot where one of the reload levers used to be.  The opposite reload lever is now a push-button reload, which makes those mid-combat reloads much easier and faster than the standard manual reload.  I've yet to see anyone do it, so I thought I'd share the progress here.

A look at the Dimmer Switch mid-installation
This blaster will be ready to go for a Winter Laser Tag Game being held by the OLCA this Saturday.  We'll be running with LTX and LTTO blasters for this one and for the night/low light games, a dimmer switch will not only let Sundawg be more stealthy/harder to detect, but it will also mean he doesn't have LEDs blaring light in his eyes killing his nightvision as he lines up those long distance shots.




2 comments:

  1. Dimmable display is a neat feature. I'm always impressed with Sundawg's mods.
    - Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this dim the Strength display also? Do the LED's dim completely?
    - Thanks,
    Duncan

    ReplyDelete