Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shelf News: January 2012 (Updated)

Well we're into the Apocalyptic year, and shelves are lookin interesting.  It really IS starting to look apocalyptic for Light Strike.  When I entered my local Toys R Us, instead of going to the back where my blasters usually reside, I saw a big shelf of "CLEARANCE" for Light Strike.  Poor guys are still priced too high to attract my wallet, but maybe this is a good time for Light Strike fans to cash in on this sale.  There's also an even better sale, but it's just on those little target fellas at... Target!  They've been spotted as low as 2.39 (Milwaukee) and my store has 'em at 3.49.  Given that their only function is to light up whatever color is shot at them, they're fairly simple accessories.

I've also spotted that Berserker with the shotgun option instead of the missle.  It may not win in the Aesthetics department, but this blaster does seem to have a pretty good following.  I've never really been a fan of BuzzBee blasters to begin with, but that's mainly because I'm an aesthetics whore.  Lets face it, if you're going to buy a blaster that looks good, you're probably not going to settle on anything made by them.  The Berserker currently retails at Target for 19.49.

And finally, I've come across Sonic Series darts at Toys R Us.  They come in both Whistler Tip and Streamline versions and can be found where the refill darts are normally sold.  Neat lookin darts.  I guess you can complete your Sonic Series look on your Recon and Barrel Break and any other blasters that didn't come with the green fellas.  Wal-Mart did the same thing with their Whiteout series, though Target has yet to come out with refill packs of Red Darts.  It's not that big of a deal if you ask me.


Also went to a different Wal-Mart than my usual one and found some nice clearance sales.  Among the notable ones were 5 dollar 10-Disk Magazines for Vortex as well as 15 dollar 100-dart packages (with that neato N-Strike Patch).  Also among the sales were $35 Stampedes and $11 Dart Tag Jerseys.  Obviously the Rayven and Speedswarm are starting to show up at local retailers too.  The only place I found them was at my Target, which is odd since Toys R Us usually has them first.

2 comments:

  1. My walmart had no swarmfires. Not even the other walmart! No awesome sales yet either. But hey,our walmarts are really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which is the aberration: my area or yours. Cause Light Strike has been either sold out or nearly so in every Target and Wal*Mart within an hour's drive from my house. I know this because I checked. Meanwhile, I was stocking up on LTX taggers because the TRU shelves are full of 'em.

    ReplyDelete