Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LTX DMR Complete!

LTX DMR
(Nerf Stampede & Phoenix LTX Recasing)
I finally got around to finishing up the LTX DMR!  Covered up the Stampede logos, added a few more small aesthetic details, repainted some sections, solved all of the electronic issues, and closed it up for a review.  This project has taken a longer amount of time to complete mainly because of my frustration with the electronics in this blaster.  The Aesthetics and general construction of it were quite simple for me.  Because of the complex nature of the Phoenix LTX system and the fragile wiring inside of it, I ran into lots of connection issues that could only be solved through trial and error.  There were entire months that I didn't touch the LTX DMR out of sheer frustration with the blaster.  8 YouTube videos later, it's finally done!

And she's ready JUST in time for the Off-Season!  The paintjob that I chose for it is designed to blend in better with fall colors anyways, so I'm itching to get out there for some games with it in those situations.  I may add more things or change things to the blaster later on, but that won't be for awhile.  Right now, I'm just happy that it's complete and functional.

5 comments:

  1. ohhh man that has turned out so amazing! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch... Not cool, dude. That thing makes my eyes hurt. It's too HOLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine what you went through getting all the wiring done. I remember all the wires I worked around when I was adding the Nerf internals to my LTX. Your work really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done, a lot of effort but worth the result! BB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude this is awesome. If you could make more in your spare time I bet people would pay around $100 (give or take). I know I would, so if you could I would probably buy it if you told me how much it would coast. If you can contact me.

    ReplyDelete