Friday, February 10, 2012

New Vortex Blaster: Pyragon!

Thanks again to Windjammer for linking me to the Hasbro Presentation, but we've got a new Vortex blaster!  Not only do we have the confirmation of the N-Strike ELITE stuff, but a full-on new look at the latest Vortex design.  The Pyragon has a 40 Disk Drum Magazine with red disks.  No other information on the blaster was released, but it's got a really neat whiteout-esque look to it that I like!  I wasn't expecting to see a new Vortex Design so soon!

Read more to see a zoomed in look at it!


The blaster is obviously compatible with  N-Strike and Vortex removable stocks and has a large capacity Drum for 40 Disks.  These are red disks, though I don't know if they're just recolored XLR Disks or if they're a new type that we haven't seen yet.  The pump on it looks nice, though I can't tell if it's SlamFire or not, though a Slamfire blaster with a capacity like that would be a logical combination.

This is all information from their Investors Presentation.  We also got new Lazer Tag news from this same presentation that you can see here.  Keep it here for more information on all the latest news!  With ToyFair 2012 upon us, I'm gonna be BUSY!

21 comments:

  1. Nerf is stealing my money! Perfect color scheme and a drum!? Pretty quick. I'm gonna be buying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's a hint to the name: http://www.blasted.de/t2155/#post24379

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's info on the Rayven CS-18...

    http://youtu.be/n3d8rt2lYAc

    'jammer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we're all over that thing. I've actually got one already!

      Delete
  4. I was going to buy me another Rayven, but after seeing this, im putting my money away for when this blaster arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh not what i was looking forward to, just another clip-system pump-action .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah... I'm definitely getting one of these bad boys when they pop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man. Think of the neo-steampunk possibilities! That drum would make the perfect boiler...

      Haha, I also realized I just made a pun. I called it neo-steampunk 'cuz the overall lines of the Vortices is more cyberpunk... But your steampunk stuff is also Neo Steampunk. ;0)

      Delete
  7. not to be rude but whoopie! another praxis,lumitron,pyragon i say keep your money the drum will come out seperatly prlly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On a side by side comparrison, though they are similar, this has a different and smaller shell than the praxis, amongst a number of other differences. you just gotta look at the two. But if someone hasn't gotten the praxis it would be a good idea to wait for this.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, just like the Raiders did...

      Delete
  8. This thing looks fantastic. Looks like Nerf is spreading its wings a bit on clip design and feeding mechanisms. Though the firing rate of the Praxis is solid, overall it is a category in which the Vortex line could use some enhancement, so fingers crossed that this beautiful thing integrates Slam Fire. Thanks for the heads-up Zook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't care if it's just another bloody Praxis, I WANT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no thanks, ill save my money for the n strike elites

    ReplyDelete
  11. It pretty much has to be slam fire considering the picture, unless Nerf thinks its a good idea to use picture of a blaster firing when it would be impossible without slam fire (the priming handle is in the middle of its sliding space).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Note that Vortex discs take TIME to get out of the barrel, and that a skilled user can have another one on its way almost before the first leaves the barrel.

      Delete
  12. I can't wait! A high-capacity vortex drum was just what I was thinking of the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yesterday I promised my self I would not get a vortex, sorry promise denied!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey guys check out this site in denmark!
    Maby we will see it in store in 27 days?

    http://www.gucca.dk/legetoej/nerf-vortex-pyragon_197173.html

    It translates to:

    Availability: Item not in stock.
    Buy it now and we obtain the home to you as soon as possible
    First time at Gucca? Click here for help

    category
    Roleplaying

    manufacturer
    NERF

    Released
    8th March 2011

    Description of Nerf - Vortex Pyragon
    Description bound

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually highly doubt this is real unless it is coming out in more than a year

    ReplyDelete