Monday, July 23, 2012

Tactical Tag gets the Pyragon

It's been roughly half a year since we first broke the news to Nerf fans everywhere about the Vortex Pyragon.  The official word about it from Hasbro was hush hush up until about a month ago, but diehard fans knew it was lurking, just WAITING to go public.

It only felt right to nab the Pyragon as quickly as I could.  Not only did I think it'd be significant to purchase the blaster that gained this blog a lot of attention, but in general the concept of a Slam-fire Vortex Blaster with a massive capacity seemed like a really great idea.


Over the next week or so I'll be conducting tests on the Pyragon.  Internal study, comparison to the Lumitron and Praxis, and gameplay tests to dig in and learn as much as I can about this great blaster.  I suspect tat folks who have been critics of the Vortex series for the "easier to dodge" XLR disks may have their work cut out for them now that there's a rapid fire disk launcher with an effective range of 60 feet.  Dodging one disk is fun enough, but a flurry launched from the Pyragon could prove to make going toe to toe with the Pyragon more challenging.  At least, that's what I HOPE to learn from these tests!

Anyways, I've been doing a lot more work for jerm781 at Nerf Mods & Reviews.  My basic reviews will all be going up there (as you have probably noticed by now) so if you want to see my review of the Pyragon, go check it out there.  All my tests and such will be conducted here, like usual.

2 comments:

  1. It's possible to mod the drum so it holds 48 instead of 40. Don't try it, though. It's a giant pain in the ass to put back together. I'd almost rather mod a Vulcan.

    Side note. The 10-clip can be modded to a 12-clip, and the 20-clip can be modded to a 22-clip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pyragon drum can actually hold 41 shots stock

      Delete