Friday, February 17, 2012

Blue Unity Power System: Pic Spam!!

So Toys R Us has the "Unity Power System", commonly abbreviated as "UPS", with a Red Titan, Scout, and Hornet.  It's a nifty setup and has been the "one man army" option for N-Strike for awhile now.  On that same shelf at Toys R Us, you'll find an overpriced Blue Hornet for sale on it's own.  I've never been a fan of the Hornet just for the simple fact of how odd it is and how generally unreliable they are unless they're hooked up to a UPS and fire all 6 darts at once.

But then, when I was still a n00b at N-Strike knowledge, I saw a blue Scout pistol in a Sales thread on Nerf Haven and I couldn't help but think "Was there ever a Blue Unity Power System?"  I did some research and found that there wasn't.  However, I did manage to find the source of that Blue Scout was part of a limited run of Blue Titans exclusive to Target.  I tracked down a set, waited for a blue Hornet to show up at a decent price, and voila! A Blue Unity Power System!  I haven't seen many folks showing off such a thing, so I thought I'd run some pic spam of this flagship of my collection (aside from my Red Strike series stuff).  So, without further ado, I present to thee: the Blue Unity Power System Pic Spam!












I love blue.

THE END


14 comments:

  1. This is just awesome on so many levels. I want to gather up and make a blue set myself now. Blue is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we need someone with a Red UPS to go up against you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i saw you in the last pic charging at me id crap my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the blue set, it was the only one that was reasonably priced. Now you need the green set, but unfortunately there is no matching green Scout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that there is no MATCHING green scout, but there is a green scout. Here is the link http://www.google.com/imgres?q=nerf+scout&start=95&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=909&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=b_bfmFaajVxqqM:&imgrefurl=http://www.freewebs.com/superorange/othernerf.htm&docid=ksoJW6AOTLh2JM&imgurl=http://www.freewebs.com/superorange/new%252520target.jpg&w=568&h=408&ei=R_cGUM_XF-Sg2AXX2KSbBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=204&vpy=371&dur=437&hovh=171&hovw=229&tx=153&ty=81&sig=108498471683080492932&page=5&tbnh=164&tbnw=217&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:95,i:6

      Delete
  5. DO. WANT. Man is that pretty, that's the blue all the N-Strike blasters that are blue should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I it a titan with a scout attached or a scout with a titan attached? The scout IS the one with the tactical rail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever... but I'd say since you don't operate the UPS from the Scout, that the Titan is the base blaster, therefore making the Scout attached to the Titan in my books.

      Delete
  7. quote: "I saw a blue Scout pistol in a sales thread on Nerf Haven..." That makes me smile. :) It must have been back in the days when Langley wasn't so draconian; back when non members and FNGs could view and even (gasp!) post in the sales forum. (Wait though, there weren't FNGs back then.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blue Hornet is actually the one that is sold seperately from the UPS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for sale, although it wouldn't be too difficult to "build" your own by collecting pieces in eBay auctions and searching local Thrift stores.

      Delete