Friday, July 5, 2013

Soaker War!

It's been awhile since I've managed to get a good Soaker War going, but we had a great one on at our Annual 4th of July party!  Just a couple of the newer Nerf-brand ones that have come out in the last 4 years or so.  The Shotblast is still one of my favorites, but I ended up loaning all 3 of those out and got stuck with reloading the massive Hydro Cannon.  Also introduced two new ones from the '13 lineup that I'll be reviewing soon.

There's really no rhyme or reason to our game... just SHOOT at whomever you want until you're out of water and need to reload!  The magazine-fed blasters, while not quite as powerful as the Shotblast, had a longevity advantage since we had a few spare magazines lying around pre-filled.  On their own the Shotblast has great internal capacity, but the versatility of the magazine-fed blasters is much higher, especially now that Super Soaker has expanded from their normal 10 Ounce Magazines that were standard in pretty much everything.  With the Banana Clip and the Drum Mag, as well as the optional backpack version, there's a lot more to choose from.  There's just something about the power behind the Shotblast that still makes it stand out.  I still feel like it's got the most punch of the newer blasters... although that mass of water launched by the Hydro Cannon isn't too bad either!  If only it didn't take so long to load in-between shots!  I could only get about 6-8 full power shots out before I had to reload, anyways!

There are two new Soakers in my arsenal that I'll review soon.  It's at least nice, for Nerf fans, to know that now there's a white shoulder stock WITHOUT the lightning bolt in the middle of it like the LightningStorm had.  It's quickly become my favorite stock just for that reason.  Anyways, stay tuned for more updates!  Hope you all had a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment