Thursday, May 10, 2012

MLTA Kicks off Season 7

We've officially started off another great season of Laser Tag for the MLTA!  The switch to the Phoenix LTX blasters as well as new blood filling the ranks of our games shows great development and a promising future for our group.  Although my Pulse Rifle wasn't ready to roll and the LTX DMR had power failure issues, the rest of the gear worked pretty flawlessly and everyone seemed to enjoy using it.



Games started up after our cookout held in the Gazebo like usual.  We got a LOT of play time in that night with 24 players using every working LTX we had on hand!  There were actually 25 people in total after the night was over, but luckily, as one player had to bug out early, the other was just showing up, so it balanced out nicely.  To the right, you can see German in his Flecktarn camouflage getting lit up near the flank.

Like I said earlier, there's a lot of new blood that keeps this group growing, even when many of our founders/older members have been unable to attend.  It's things like this that keep our games moving forward.  I also managed to sell one of my LTXs that was up for sale to one of our players, so it's good to know that there's interest in players investing in their own gear.  Not only does it help us out with maintenance and keep costs down, but it means that players who own their own gear can show up at any time and be guaranteed play time instead of waiting for gear/sitting out a turn.

With the Pulse Rifle still in development and the LTX DMR having issues, I took the new CTDYNE LTX out for a spin.  It's equipped with a custom-fabricated stock and rail system that was built by Mike Yates of Custom Tag Dynamics.  It's a really nice and sturdy unit and it helped me really make a killing in these games.  The stock allowed me to have steady control over my aim even when I was on the move and mounted my Red/Green dot sight high enough to keep my neck from straining use it.  On several occasions during later games, I actually stuffed the stock and shotblast attachment in my cargo pockets and just ran with the pistol that proved to just be a lot of fun.  I really loved using this blaster and I'm more than proud to share this once my Pulse Rifle and LTX DMR are back out on the field.  Plans are to relinquish this blaster to my pal who really helped me start up and manage this group.  He deserves it!

So the first game is outta the bag!  Keep it here for more updates on our projects and games!

5 comments:

  1. Cool! 24 peoples... Is that alot for your group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 is about average. In the past 3 years, our attendance has leveled out to averaging between 25-30 people. The first game is usually hit or miss since folks are still trying to get it into their schedules and such. We're also trying new stuff this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if that average dips down slightly. If 2 more people had shown up to this game, we would've had to tap into my LTXs for sale. If 3 more had shown up, we would've had to resort to using our backup LTTO blasters.

      Delete
  2. Do you carry primary and secondary's in your LT games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of the nature of the LTX/LTTO gear (sensor is mounted on the blaster), we can't switch between weapons like a Primary and Secondary. Since the blaster is recording all the hits, switching from one to the other wouldn't work unless you had a way of telling both blasters how many hits you were taking. In LTTO games, you can technically do this with a blaster called the "Drone". It can link up to a second blaster and share information so that way you can have a primary and secondary blaster. These blasters are tough to find and I don't think this process works with the simple LTX games we've been running.

      That, and there's not much of a need for a secondary when the Phoenix LTX can already hit targets at 600-700 feet. It's a good all-around blaster to use at any range.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of your CTDYNE LTX. I love lazer tag, partially because you don't have to go scrounging through the dirt for small orange darts. I have 4 Pheonix LTX so until Hasbro's new lazer tag line comes out it's small four player matches for me and my friends. Your lazer tag matches look like so much fun, wish i could be there. Well hope your pulse rifle turns out alright.

    ReplyDelete