Monday, January 27, 2014

Revisiting OMW

I'll be the first to admit that I may have been a bit too harsh in my throwing Orange Mod Works under the bus.  It's been over a year since I even bothered doing anything with them since the failures on the Longstrike Massacre kit and the incredibly delayed release of the Longshot Immortal Kit.  I decided to give them another go and do it with one of my favorite blasters: the Elite Alpha Trooper.

This revisitation comes in the form of a type of product OMW never really seemed to mess up metal parts.  I got on board with Orange Mod Works just as they were transitioning from metal parts to polycarbonate parts... which proved to be a troublesome time.  The polycarbonate parts just weren't delivering the same reliability their metal parts had been doing before.  In this video, I not only review this kit, but really weigh in on the unresolved issues that stemmed from the Massacre Kit mess with the polycarbonate stuff that I had and the forseeable future with Orange Mod Works kits in general.

2 comments:

  1. The solid kits represent far better value than the unleashed, in terms of dollars spent for FPS gained. Omw should stick to what they are good at, sensible power for a sensible price. They are able to produce the solid kits more quickly too, making them a better bet for pre order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Massacre kit for the original AT; it did need some modification to the breech to work (end was a little too long for the dart door) but it's been going strong for over a year now with no other issues. If anything at all on it breaks it's going to be the plunger tube, because in a moment of infinite wisdom I chopped off the PT cover from mine, and that would happen with a normal AT anyway.

    ReplyDelete