Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Immortal? Why now?

Two years ago, when the Orange Mod Works company was taking pre-orders for their coveted "Longshot Immortal Kit", I signed up right away.  Well, one thing led to another and after delays and problems of my own with the OMW Massacre Kit for the Longstrike, I ended up cancelling my order.  ...Or so I thought.

Although I've been moved in to my new home for 2 months and have changed over all my shipping and billing addresses, mail still manages to make it to my old home every now and then.  Usually it's junk mail, but this time... it was something I never expected.  Remember when I said I had cancelled my Immortal Kit?  Well, it's here.  Very very late, but it's here.  I have incredibly mixed feelings about this.  Somewhere between pre-ordering, cancelling, and everyone else getting their kits months ago, I ended up with one.

There's no question about it, though.  I'm gonna put this in a Longshot.  It's gonna get tested to see if my faith can be restored after getting frustrated with my Longstrike kit and the delays with the Immortal kit.  My hopes are high that this will deliver the performance and quality that the lengthy development time should have granted it.  I'll give it a shot.

6 comments:

  1. I certainly can say that the Longshot kit is so much better than any of their other kits. Drop it in, use the correct spring and you're off to the races. I haven't really had any problems with mine after several months of use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes. I've got one on the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. (In my best Rod Serling Impression)...In the absence of credibility, Maybe even Orange Mod Works might send you their kit that you cancelled the order to ages ago, in the hopes you will post a good review and show that their products are worth the delays of developing their products. ...Or maybe even worse, worth a mailroom that only goes by old addresses and incompetence ...Or maybe it is just a Glitch in space and time, right here, in the Twilight Zone.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed out on getting an immortal kit, but I had plans to put an angel breech in mine, anyway, even though that's MASSIVE overkill for my usual war zones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know how it goes. I'm looking to make my Longstrike better

    ReplyDelete
  6. After the mishap with my Longstrike and their almost non existent customer service, this is no surprise to me how they got this mixed up. One thing is for sure, I'm never buying machined parts from them again.

    ReplyDelete