Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New 2014 New-ness

Thanks to UK Nerf for giving me the tip this morning from across the pond, we've got some new photos and angles of blasters slated for a 2014 release.  I know they're up on other sites, too.  Figured I'd weigh in with some new ideas about 'em.  The Thunderbow, Slingfire, and Demolisher stand out to me, as these shots have helped me get a better idea of what they'll be like in person.
First up, I suppose I may end up owing a well-deserved apology to the ZombieStrike Slingfire.  The initial photo I based my first impressions on with this blaster made it look short and stubby.  I even likened it to the state of Ohio.  The new photo has it looking much more rifle-like and I expect this to be a pretty comfortable blaster to use.  Still not quite the heft that I enjoy from my beloved Longshot, but it it'll at least fill that "large Nerf rifle" void in terms of length for folks who liked that.

Second, there's that MEGA Thunderbow, which I haven't really weighed in on until now.  Honestly, I think it brings some nifty functionality to the many bow-n-arrow setups Nerf has had in the past.  Not sure how it'll work or if it'll be a good system to use yet, but at least it has some promise.  It's likely going to work like a RoughCut or Crossfire Bow in that those 5-Darts probably have dart sensor behind each one.  Sadly, this will limit the modification potential for this design, but at least it should be fun going to the Hunger Games with MEGA darts.

Then there's the undisputed hero of the lineup: the Nerf Demolisher!  I've already gone bonkers with MS Paint to get different variations of this model out of my head and onto the screen.  This shows us the other side with that 4 AA-Battery door that's forward of the trigger grip.  I still think this blaster would look way cooler in Elite Blue, as I don't care for the Orange-on-Orange Juice colorscheme.  This angle gives us some depth of the blaster and it's rocket-storage stock that looks deliciously hefty.  I don't think I'm alone in my hopes that the rocket storage will be able to store a water bottle or beverage that I can run a tube through to have on-the-go refreshment as I slaughter my foes with foam dart goodness.  It's the little things that make life fun, you know?

There's a Rebelle bow, but I've never really covered that stuff (nor do I care to).  It's not that I don't like girls, far from it.  It's just that, well, I've never been the rainbows & unicorns bit.  Probably explains why I never got on the Brony train, but to each their own.  Speaking of "own", I can't wait to see how these blasters perform!  I'd say I'm most excited for the Demolisher, interested in how the Slingfire feels, and curious how the Thunderbow will work.

1 comment:

  1. The thing to remember about mod potential with dart sensor stuff is that if there's enough plunger volume in that thing, you basically have a ready-made shotbow if you take them out. Even if there's not all too much volume you can rebarrel it and get a beast of an Elite one.

    ReplyDelete