Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dart Tag - Snapfire 8 Review

This is a blaster that I started off thinking "Oh man, gotta get that thing!"  Somewhere between the not-sold-in-the-US issue and "OMG N-Strike ELITE!!" this fella skipped off my radar and I didn't come across it until I was actually looking for something else.  Toys R Us didn't have the SideStrike in stock yet (I had seen someone in Arizona found one), but they did have the Dart Tag Snapfire 8!  Thought I'd pick one up and review it.  I'll let you be the judge on this one, as it's a quirky blaster that may not work for everyone... or work how they thought it would to begin with.

See the video after the jump!

4 comments:

  1. How would say it compares to the Hammershot?

    Gotta dual wield me some pistols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go with 2 hammershots, I love them and they let you fire both because of the 1 handed prime but they can't fire as fast as the snapfire but they will fire more accurately. the problem with the snapfire is strength required to use them. You need enough strength to use both hands and then enough to keep your shots on target because the strength of trigger moves the gun. You can get better at using 2 snapfires over time of use though. I simply don't consider it because I barely can use a snapfire in my left hand. Hammershots feel great to use.

      Delete
  2. Have to agree with harpuia, over time the snapfires can work fine & give you a six extra darts. Also the snapfire is a lot bulkier than the hammershots & the long trigger draw at least for me cut up my trigger finger on the trigger groove on the lower trigger guard(I fixed that by cutting the trigger guard off).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shaved off part of the bottom of the trigger guard, the rubbing is terrible on your fingers. I tried adding a guard piece that is attached to the trigger but it was to frail.

      Delete