Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nerf SlingFire Magazine / Clip Size Testing

So the NERF ZombieStrike SlingFire has been out for awhile.  I neglected to pick one up at first because I just wasn't sold on the design.  After watching more videos and seeing the conflicting opinions out there for it, I was even more leery to nab one.  However, between the fun-looking reload and a potential idea for a prop weapon for Halloween (insert shameless contest plug here), I took the plunge and brought one home.

I can see all the praise and criticism with this blaster, but I still find myself walking around the house reloading and dry-firing this blaster out of sheer fun!  Then I got to thinking how the SlingFire might work with different size magazines or "clips" for that Nerf nomenclature.  In this video, I test everything from a 6-Round Quick Reload Clip to the massive 35-Round Drum the N-Strike Raider CS-35 came with.  The video below shows my findings.


 

4 comments:

  1. When I ordered one, I knew it'd be for the lolz. After a little time to mess with it, I tried an 18 stick mag in it. Ouch. It was so awkward to use. I didn't even think about trying my 35 drum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only they had made that 50 round beta c-drum with the Stampede. That would be absolutely stupid to see on a Slingfire.

      Delete
  2. I just bought the Slingfire, and after having to reload after every 6 shots, I'm wondering what clip(s) work best for reload time and any other factors you can think of. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The testing I did was mainly looking at what clip-sizes did or didn't impede those cool Slingfire spinning reloads. If you're looking to retain that "fun" side of reloading with the Slingfire, I would suggest sticking with the straight clip designs. 10-round Banana, 12-round straight, and 18 round straight will work best. However, if you don't care about spinning the Slingfire around when you reload, really any size magazine or drum will be fine.

      Delete