Saturday, June 23, 2012

Light Strike: Sticking around?

Last summer, Wowee Toys released a new laser tag system called "Light Strike".  Right from the get-go I wasn't that big of a fan of this system and even after it was released and I got my hands on it, this only strengthened my distaste for Light Strike.  I've written about it's major flaws that make it a no-go for me but in general, I've been surprised at how long it has stuck around on shelves.  It always seems in stock, which seems to indicate that it's not very in-demand.  But the thing that has puzzled me most about Wowee's failtacular system has been that there have been few attempts to liquidate the system itself.  Accessories for this system have been on sale periodically, but the main blasters themselves have remained at their initial release prices.

Maybe I'm just seeing this through rose colored glasses, but I just can't seem to understand after all my observations, impressions from other folks who have used this system, and just the general lack of activity I see with this stuff, but I just don't get why it's lingering.  With Strikers in the mid 20s and Assault Strikers in the mid 30s, it's still got a hefty pricetag for a Paper Jamz blaster.  Anyone care to weigh in on the success Light Strike has been having that I've been missing out on?

2 comments:

  1. I saw some accessories on sale a few nights ago. They're on sale often but I have yet to see the blasters themselves on sale.

    ReplyDelete