Friday, June 10, 2011

BT Sensor Harness Adapter

So after inspecting the plug for the Battle Tag sensor harness, it's become abundantly clear that I'll need to fabricate/replicate a housing in a Laser Challenge vest in order for this to work.  Here are shots I've taken of how the assembly works.




The plug is unlike anything else we've seen.  While I could technically put a different plug on there to be used with other equipment, I would rather not tamper with a $130 system and, instead, modify other equipment to use them by making an adapter for them.  Essentially,  I want to replicate the housing that the T-Blaster has where the sensors plug into.  That'd be the best way to do it I think.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya,

    I'm hitting the US for a month in August and I'm lookin' to pick up a 2 player set of Battle Tag where possible. Do you know what stores are stocking these atm?

    Cheers mate

    Pocket

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only place you can pick up Battle Tag is on UbiSoft's online store. It has not been released domestically as far as I know... and with this "Soft Launch" lingering and it out-of-stock on the website... I fear they might drop the line.

    Your only chance to see the gear firsthand is to either find it on an online auction or meet up with someone Stateside who as a set. Where in the US will you be visiting? I know a few folks around the lower 48 who own Battle Tag sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,
    Would you be interested in selling your battle tag equipment? I'm building up my arsenal and am a big fan of this equipment. I also do repairs, so I am also interested in broken vests and blasters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dean!
      I've considered selling my Battle Tag equipment as I have hardly used it outside of my initial testing and review. As far as I know, the equipment is still fully functional. I only have one set of equipment. If you'd like to talk more about it, reply with your e-mail address as a comment. I won't publish the comment, so as to keep your information private.

      Delete