Monday, August 10, 2015

NERF Vagabond Review

Here's how it is: Earth got used up.  Vash the Stampede?  That's right.  He's the dude with the $$60,000,000 on his head. Well here’s another great moment in the legend of Spike, famous bounty hunter and dog walker.  If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the fury road!  Any of this sounding familiar?  Then yeah, you were pretty stoked when news broke of the newest Nerf blaster lineup: Doomlands 2169.

With a Summer 2015 Debut, this cyber-western lineup starts as a Target Exclusive with the Vagabond (in this review) and the Lawbringer.  Firefly, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Mad Max, it's kind of got all of those wrapped into a new design kick for Nerf blasters.  Count me among the many who were excited to see a new blaster theme go in this direction.  As I mentioned in this rant about Reshelling, there's really nothing new inside the debut blasters for Doomlands 2169.  One is a rifle version of a HammerShot with double the rounds and the other is using internals from a Guardian Crossbow.  And yet... despite the fact that there's nothing new on the inside, I can't help but love what they've wrapped them up into.

Sure, it's not the most ergonomic or comfortable blaster to use.  Yeah, you could accomplish the same thing with other blasters that you might already have, but there's no denying the attraction on the outside being a big selling point for Nerf's newest lineup.  That's very true of the Vagabond, which is a 6-Shot Long-barreled Pump-Action pistol.  I already have a blaster that does what the Vagabond can do (my trusty Strongarm) but there's something wildly different about wielding this cyber-western pistol that makes me feel like a Space Cowboy.

Check out my video review to see what this wannabe bounty hunter thinks of the Vagabond!


3 comments:

  1. Honestly I agree, I have two blasters already that do the exact same thing (Strongarm and Guardian) and I STILL want one, specifically for the styling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddamn it, these reshells are good. Maybe I will get a Vagabond or Lawbringer intsead of Strongarm or Hammershot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? This thing looks AWESOME. Just got a Lawbringer today.

      Delete