Saturday, June 28, 2014

July is getting Demolish'd!

There may be an unusually high amount of demolishing going on during the month of July.  If you missed it, news broke of the early release of several highly-anticipated "Fall 2014 Release" blasters and, among them, was the Nerf N-Strike Elite Demolisher 2-in-1.  This being my personal favorite among the new blasters, I jumped at the chance to order one.  Well, this morning I received an e-mail from Amazon complete with a Tracking Number and ETA for my Demolisher for July 1st!


I think most of us know what to expect from the Dart-blasting part of this.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this Rocket Launcher works out.  If it ends up being a flop, I can always try to drop some Laser Tag internals in there (it'd be great for a nice big lens) and make another dual-purpose blaster... which is something I've actually been itching to build again for awhile.  I don't think I'll go the "chop it off" route, like some folks have been doing already.  While I am still slightly bummed that the rocket launcher isn't removable like I originally thought, I don't think I'd want to go Rocket-less anyways.  If you know me, you know I'll already be avoiding the "dowse it in Black" paintjob anyways, but whether it was the modified concept or this early mod done to a pre-release blaster, I think mine will retain that launcher.  What I DO with that launcher is an entirely different story ;)

Needless to say, it's going to be a LOOOOONG Monday waiting for that box to show up!  Expect a flood of pictures and a review quickly, as I probably won't keep it stock for long!  July should be full of fun with the Demolisher!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's great to hear! I also heard that LordDraconical has gotten his hands on the Mega Thunder Bow, and I think it may be out! Gosh it would awesome to get my hands on Demolisher! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might just be me but I'm honestly not really excited about any of the 5 blasters coming out this year. 2 are just reshelled Stryfes with a gimmick thrown in & "better ranges" which can be achieved with trustfires or a voltage mod. As for the other 2 they are just pure gimmick. The only "new" blaster that holds any interest to me is the rerelease of the longshot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still not really sold on it. For the same price I'd would just buy a Rapidstrike and call it day. I'll probably get the Demolisher eventually but seriously that launcher looks totally stupid and my dremel is looking for something to cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's more on this blaster with a "Cool Factor" that I think Nerf is charging us for. The 10-round Banana magazine. The Rocket Launcher. The Removable Stock with Rocket storage. They might be a little too proud of it's design, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all really just for aesthetics, I think it looks cool minus the grenade launcher but the rest of it just seems to be all shell and no guts. That's just me at least.

      Delete