Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's NEW for Tactical Tag?

September has admittedly been a slow month for Tactical Tag, which reflects how busy I've been with other things.  At the same time, I know there's a slight concern out there from folks who have seen NM&R's activity take a massive dip with Jerm's departure from the hobby as he ::gasp:: refocuses his time on more important things in life.  While I'm not certain of NM&R's foreseeable future, as the other administrators there are discussing our options, Tactical Tag will always be here.  That much I am certain of!

There are a few things in the works to make Tactical Tag better for both my readers here and on YouTube.  First, I will be opening a store that I'll list products that I've worked on.  I still won't be accepting any commission work, but instead continuing to be active in the hobby and find good homes for my older projects. 

Second, I WILL be bringing back the Weekly Giveaway in some form.  I still haven't decided how I'm going to run it, but I can tell you it will no longer be a random selection.  It will also likely not be a weekly event anymore, but rather a monthly contest with a prize.  I know a lot of readers had been wanting the giveaway to return in some respect, so I'm hoping to give back to the community that has been so good to me!  No official ETA on that just yet.

And lastly, I'll be improving a few media things both here and on the YouTube channel thanks to a new camera I have on order and access to better video editing software.  It's something I've wanted to improve to better serve the hobby as far as promoting Laser Tag and Nerf as well as continuing to document and follow projects and make some nice tutorials.  I'm really looking forward to bettering the experience here for you, so stay tuned for all that!

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty sad to see the activity of nm&r drop so much lately, being the massive icon it is to the global nerfing community, but that's life I guess. I think the community is pretty grateful of the work they've put out there, and feel very much the same about this blog too. Keep up the great work, there are plenty of people that look up to your work, including myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    What's the name of your channel on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sadly have seen the dipping views on NM&R also

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a huge fan of jerm's work for a while. Now that he (gasps) moved on to the true adult life,I am sad yet happy for his time in the community that influenced many of us. But I know he's not leaving us yet ;)

    ReplyDelete